Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Well - yesterday afternoon was quite the experience. All of a sudden - the clouds rolled in off the mountains and there was a thunderous noise and it started hailing like something I have never seen. The hail were as large as quarters and so hard - it was like being bombarded by thousands of golf balls. I was taking it all in - when all of a sudden, I realized in horror, that my car was being pelted with these golf balls. I had such a sinking feeling that it was being destroyed. The hail was so strong I couldn't even run outside to see what damage was being done. Many things went through my mind - would my insurance cover the damage, can the ding wizard get these out....how bad is my car going to look? Then after about ten minutes of freaking out... I started laughing thinking I would look like Chevy Chase's Vacation rolling back into Miami with a thousand dings in my car. Once it finally stopped.....it looked like it had snowed there was so much hail on the ground - and sure enough - not a dent in my car - that good old strong German metal hung tough!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad to hear about your car coming through unscathed from all that hail.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to hearing all about the Scared Church when we see you.
If, in your travels, you happen to run across a bead store can you pick me up a couple of strands of turquoise beads in size 4mm and 6mm?
One strand of each should be enough for what I need.
I look forward to the next posting...
Love you.
MOM.