Monday, July 6, 2009

Room with a View

4th of July weekend was great.  Very peaceful.  Met a few new friends here and that has been quite enjoyable.  I went to a very interesting church in Chimayo - about two hours from here.  The drive was beautiful.  The Church is known to be very spiritual, with sacred holy water and dirt that is suppose to heal.  It was founded over 200 years ago by The Spanish.  It was really a special place and I am glad I went.  I asked a friend if the legend about the healing powers were true and his answer was - only if you believe.  With that, I took the holy water and sacred dirt - made a paste and spread it on my forehead, chest and heart.  I figured - when in Rome, do as the Romans do.  I don't know if it had anything to do with it - but that night and every night thereafter, I have slept the most peaceful in years.  So I decided to bring a container of the dirt and water back - what better cure for insomnia.

The trip has been fantastic.  It has been amazing just to relax and spend quiet time reading, relaxing and just having a great time.  I am expecting a friend later in the week and am really looking forward to her visit.  I have been planning lot's of different things for us to do.  Off for a run and then a massage....Life is good.  

3 comments:

  1. Trixie -

    I am so glad that you are enjoying this time to yourself. Seems like you are really quite the explorer and are taking advantage of all the wonderous and the wonderful.

    Your spirit seems to have grown lighter and I really do think the healihg powers of the holy water and sacred dirt are a reality. But you know me, I enjoy the mystic and think there is much more to holistic remedies than technology and 20th Century Medicine and Science will admit.

    Can't wait to "hear" all about it when you get back and see all the pics.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie,
    Glad to see this trip has been so rewarding for you - mentally, spirtiually, etc.

    Great Blog!

    Stay Safe.

    Frank

    PS> Hope you can share some of that dirt and water with me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was there...

    ReplyDelete