Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Well, things didn't start out as smooth as I would like...
Finally just made it to Loews Portofino. Much later than I expected. Everything started off fine...got my nails done and decided, what the heck, I'm not in a rush - I'll get a pedicure too and then hit the road. Well - somehow between the salon and my car (which is a grand total of about 15 steps) I lost my car keys. Yes, as dumb as that sounds. I could not find them, ripped my car apart, pulled everything out of the trunk - no keys. After 20 minutes and some anxiety, I finally had call Mario - as he has the extra key. That was the last call I wanted to make - I wasn't five miles from home - he already was worried about me going on this trip and I hadn't even made it to I-95 yet!! Anyway - as I was on the phone I found them. Off I went - one last stop at Fresh Market on Biscayne Blvd for fruit - and to my horror I realized I could not find my trip files, with my maps, confirmations, house information - basically my life for the next 3 weeks. I ripped everything apart again and AGAIN had to call Mario who found the files in my closet. He drove over to Fresh Market with them. As I waited in my car for him, I fired up my laptop and signed up, right then - for the Premium Level Super Duper AAA Roadside Assistance Membership. I figured if I am having this kind of trouble getting out of Miami - what will happen if I get a flat tire on Route 66? Anyway - Alabama - here I come!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment